About Me

My photo
I'm 31 y/o, married to my Best Friend..and still finding out who I am. My world is sometimes chaotic, sometimes mysterious, but always a Blessing. I stay at home with my children, but i'm not the best homemaker.. that's a work in progress! You can read about my daughters disabilities on the first page. It's titled; "Kira Jean Beauty Queen."

Thursday, April 23, 2009

What's new?

Well, since it has been about a year since I posted, I will do a quik catch up on the happenings in our lives.

We have all been pretty good. Kira has remained pretty stable, only in and out of the hospital a couple of times with pneumonias, but overall, no major issues. She has not had any developments unfortunately. She still remains my Sleeping Beauty. Although, you can see by the pics yesterday, that her hair continues to grow so fast! It is so gorgeous, those pics really don't do it justice. I will have to take her hair out of the piggies and take a pic of it laying down. Its almost to her butt, with little spiral curls in it.. sooo beeee-u-ti-ful! Aaron is 2 now and is starting to become a toddler in my eyes, rather than a baby still. He is at that parrot stage where he tries to say whatever you ask him to. Ethan and Logan have recently taught him how to say, "Yo Mama Buttmunch." Its beautiful. *rolls eyes* Logan is in Kindergarten and shining so bright. He is an amazing reader, just like his brothers. I am not sure how all of my boys are awesome readers, and so bright.. WHERE did they get it?! I am so proud of them everyday! Ethan is doing great in 4th grade. They are having another spirit day that he created tomorrow. Hes in Student Leadership and comes up with fun ideas for the school. Adrian is in HIGH SCHOOL, and is about to turn 15 in about 6 weeks. This blows my mind. I was 15 when I became pregnant with him. This is too weird for me to absorb. In my eyes, he and all of the rest of the 14-15 year olds out there are so YOUNG. I don't even let Adrian go walk around the town by himself, or do things other teenagers are allowed to do. Yet, I was preparing to become a housewife and family at his age. "Mom & Dad, I am so sorry for the shock of your life when I told you I was going to be a parent myself at that age, I cannot begin to imagine what that must have been like for you guys!" lol Adrian is such a sweeeeeeeeeeet hearted softy. He is very bright and mature. Very trustworthy. Still very much into his books, and loves his baby brothers very much. Well.. the 2 youngest anyway. Ethan, he butts heads with, haha.

Jim is working, working, working to provide for his family. He's my Big shweethot! We are doing great. I am continuing to be addicted to my body image. I have lost all of my weight, and I am at goal.. which is 135. I am 5'5. However, even being at goal weight, I still feel and see myself in the mirror as chubby. I want to try to lose about 10 more pounds if I can. I am doing my treadmil and alot of strength training. I want to see how toned I can get my body, but I do NOT want to put any muscle bulk on. I stretch often so when I develope more muscle, it will be lean. I have had my weight loss success through the lowcarb diet. It's such a WONDERFUL diet. But, I am only human and I want that mexican, chinese, or junk food too occassionally. So guess what, I eat it. BUT only on the weekends. I cheat on the weekends, and get right back on track and back into ketosis right afterwards. This has worked fine for me. This way, I don't feel like everything is completely off limits. During the week though, I am VERY strict with my carb intake. I am almost pure protein and fat. I limit my veggies, because even veggies, although very good for you, do have carbs in them. Eventually when I get over my obsession with my body issues, I will trasition into the every day, healthy lower-carb lifestyle; whole grains, fruits, veggies, and lean protien. As for now, I will continue to irritate my family with my extreme lowcarbness! ;)

No comments: