About Me

My photo
I'm 31 y/o, married to my Best Friend..and still finding out who I am. My world is sometimes chaotic, sometimes mysterious, but always a Blessing. I stay at home with my children, but i'm not the best homemaker.. that's a work in progress! You can read about my daughters disabilities on the first page. It's titled; "Kira Jean Beauty Queen."

Monday, March 3, 2008

Weigh-in

Today is my weigh in day, and every woman knows what "that time of the month" does to her. The scale is NOT your friend at said time. I am 2 pounds up from last Monday, but only because of the water retention and bloat. I will continue to flush myself out and stay on track with my food, and after Auntie Flo leaves, my weight should go back to norman.

I have changed my diet. I love going lowcarb, and have recently added in extra fats. I have been reading alot on this higher fat version of lowcarb, and ALOT of people have great success with it. I have always kept it pretty lean; chicken, fish, veggies, salads. But with this higher version, you want to lessen the protein and increase the fats. The ratio is like 80% fat, 15% protein, and 5% carbs for the day. The extra fats can come from heavy cream, dressings, butter, cheese.. etc. I know it sounds crazy, but somehow, it works for alot of people. The more fat they put in their mouth, the less fat they wear on their thighs.. amazing! So I am going to play around with this for a bit, and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Jimmy Moore said...

You're gonna enjoy a high-fat, low-carb lifestyle, Sarah! I've been eating this way for over four years and it's amazing how well you feel and watching that fat burn off your body. CONGRATULATIONS and keep up the great work! :D